FINAL REMINDERS FOR TOMORROW’S COASTAL CLEAN-UP VOLUNTEERS!‼️🌎 #CORAcleanUps #WorldWetlandsDay
Thank you for choosing to take action to help #BeatPlasticPollution and help spread the word about the importance of #WETLANDS!
We look forward to having you with us on this very important mission. 🙏🏼❤️#KeepWetlands
“WORLD WETLANDS DAY” COASTAL CLEAN-UP
• Registration: 8am
• Program: 9am
• Clean-Up: 10am-12nn
• “Freedom Island” or “Las Piñas Parañaque Critical Habitat and Eco-Tourism Area” (LPPCHEA)
• The island is located along Roxas blvd. just after the casinos, right BEFORE the Cavitex toll gate.
• Watch for a small road to your right as you head towards Cavite. IMPORTANT: Do not go into the Cavitex toll gate!
WAYS TO GET TO FREEDOM ISLAND
• You may WAZE - “Freedom Island” or Las Piñas Parañaque Critical Habitat and Eco-Tourism Area (LPPCHEA)
• You may commute, take a Grab car or bring your own vehicle.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
• Just tell the guard you are there for the Coastal Clean-Up. Ask the guard or any volunteer how to get to “The Wave” and proceed to the CORA booth immediately for registration.
• Parking is available at the LPPCHEA entrance or inside near The Wave.
• Please look for the CORA Booth at “The Wave” at LPPCHEA/ Freedom Island.
• Registration will be from 8am-9am.
• There will be a program at 9am
• The clean-up and segregation will be from 10am-12nn.
CLOTHING & SKIN
• You may wear anything comfortable that will keep your skin covered and protected from the sun and other elements.
• Neutral and earth-toned colored clothes are requested.
• To protect your skin and face, you may want to use a hat, face mask, sunblock and insect repellent.
• Rubber boots are recommended but any closed shoes or sneakers are also acceptable.
• Bring your own reusable gloves if possible. Please avoid the disposable kind which cannot be recycled.
• Metal tongs are also recommended if available.
ZERO WASTE KITS
• Please bring your own reusable tumbler for water refills, your own utensils for eating and a plastic free snack in case you get hungry.
SINGLE-USE PLASTICS NOT ALLOWED!