ROASTED SWEET POTATOES 🍠 with GARAM MASALA SPICED CHICKPEAS. Sweet potatoes are full of vitamins and fiber yet taste like dessert 👌🏻. This variation has an Indian twist and is filling, warm, and is perfect for these cold evenings.
1 Tbsp avocado oil (sub any oil)
2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1 small cucumber, chopped
Handful of cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
[How it’s made]
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for at least 25 minutes or until soft and golden brown on top.
4. While the sweet potatoes cook, prepare the chickpea mixture. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining oil. Once hot stir in the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent.
5. Stir in the spices and add a tablespoon of water to combine everything. Cook until fragrant (about a minute) and stir in the ginger, chickpeas, and lemon juice. Cook until everything is warmed through.
6. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and top with the chickpea mixture and serve with slices of cucumber and chopped cilantro. We enjoyed with a dollop of plain unsweetened yogurt too, so good!
Adapted from a @nadiashealthykitchen recipe, great idea!
#glutenfree #dairyfree #vegan #indianfood
#plantbased #wholefood #healthymeals
#recipe #food #instafood #foodpic
#eat #homecook #dinnerfortwo
#dinnerideas #homemadedinner #foodrecipe
#tasty #dinner #fullrecipe #simplerecipe #wholefoods #sundaydinner