Sweet or Savoury? Here’s where Granti and I disagree… I can easily cut out savoury chips like chips but cutting out all sugar especially when it comes to cookies is near impossible for me!
We went on a mission to find a recipe that is not too high in sugar, grain free, not to dense, not eggy and most of all – just sweet enough! This was quite difficult but we eventually found a winning formula.
Time: 30 min | Makes: 15-20
1 cup almond flour
1/4 – 1/3 cup honey (depending on desired sweetness)
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degreesC
2. In a bowl melt butter then add almond flour, honey, vanilla essence, baking powder and ginger in order and mix well until a ball like dough forms
3. Grease or lay baking paper on an oven proof pan and spray with baking spray
4. With oiled or sprayed hands, roll about 2 tbsp of the dough into balls and press down onto tray slightly
5. Bake for 16-20 minutes until slightly browned
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving onto a plate to cool completely
Notes * You can sub almond flour with sunflower seed flour or any gluten free flour of choice
* The cookies will harden as they cool
The best thing is that you can have a few of these and not feel too guilty- yaaaas!
Let us know what you think and if you try this recipe dont forget to tag us 😘 happy munching!
#thefrugalnook #adulting #laughingatmyself #familyiseverything #habitandhome
#foodlover #foodiechats #foodblogger #bloggerlife #foodielife #foodpics #heresmyfood #onthetable #cornersofmyworld #yumyumgetinmytum #grainfree #cookies #healthycookies #keto #paleo
#foodblog #foodforfoodies #food24_sa #ipreview