Murgh Musallam is a Awadhi style chicken dish hailing from the royal Mughalai kitchen. Chicken simmered in a concoction of yogurt, almonds and fragant spices yields a rich creamy textured curry. The delectable curry makes for a decent side with roti,paratha,phulkas or rice. This aromatic dish is surely a party fare that should be relished with family and friends!#indianfoodblogger
#indianfood #tasty #yum #yummy #onmytable #hungry #cooking #thekitchn #foodblog
#foodlover #foodiefeature #eat
#foodblogger #foodies #foods #tastethisnext #hangry
#foodgasm #nomnom #foodforfoodies
#beautifulcuisines #eeeeeats #tastemade #foodpic #foodpics #eating
1 whole chicken, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
2 large onions, sliced
2 large tomatoes, pureed
1/2 tsp red chilli pwd
10 almonds, soak in warm water, deskinned and pureed
1/2 tsp pepper corns
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tsps coriander seeds
1" cinnamon stick
salt to taste
For the Marinade:
1 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
3/4 cup yogurt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
* Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste,green chilli paste,yogurt,red chilli powder,turmeric for 1/2 hr.
* Dry roast pepper corns,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,cinnamon,cloves,cardamom on low flame until they are hot.
* Heat a tbsp of oil in a vessel. Add sliced onions and saute for 6-7 mts till they turn brown. Remove and keep aside.
* Once cool, make a fine paste of the sauteed onions and dry roasted ingredients, by adding a little water.
* Heat a tbsp of oil in the pan, add the chicken pieces and roast them for 6-7 mts till they are lightly browned. Remove and keep aside.
* In the same pan, drizzle some oil, add the ground paste and saute for 3 mts. Add salt and red chilli powder and combine.
* Add the tomato puree and cook for 4 mts.
* Add the chicken pieces, marinade, almond paste and 1/2 cup water and combine well.
* Cook on low to medium flame till the chicken turns soft with a thick gravy.
* Serve hot with white rice or rotis.