We tried out a new recipe for family day and it was delicious. I believe they're called trinidadian doubles. So so good. 🤤 The kids loved rolling out the roti with the rolling pin too!
#whatveganseat #vegan #veganlifestyle #veganhealth
#veganfamily #veganmama #vegankids #vegandad
#veganlife #veganfoodlovers #vegandinner #vegansupper
#veganfoodshare #veganfood #vegancommunity
#plantbased #plantbasedfamily #plantbasedmeals #eatplants #plantpowered #plantbasedlifestyle #plantbasedlife
Happy birthday love.
Delicious #vegan #rainbow #sprinkles #cake
made by the talented @fitermans.bakedgoods
#birthday #birthdaycake #delicious #cakesofinstagram
🍄 Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta 📷 by @theplantifulchef 🚨🚨Recipe: 160-200g gf pasta (serves 2)
2 garlic cloves
1 shallot or small white onion
1-2tsp nutritional yeast
1/2cup dairy free cream
1/2cup veggie stock
2 large handfuls of spinach
First off get everything prepared, garlic, onion and mushrooms chopped ready you can replace this with garlic and onion powder if your really short on time. Get your pasta on to boil and have a pan heating for the sauce with a little spray of oil (optional). Fry off onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes over medium heat. @theplantifulchef reserved some of the fried mushrooms for sprinkling on top (optional) At the 5 minute mark add in cream, stock and nutritional yeast. Bubble until it thickens, reduce heat. Once pasta is ready add into sauce and coat, add in spinach and stir in the sauce until it wilts. Its now ready to serve and enjoy.
Share With A Friend Who Would Love This! #thevegansclub
Take A Look At Our Other Pages: 🎉
Join Our Facebook Group TheVegansClub Group 😎
VEGAN DOUBLE CHOC PROTEIN BROOKIE 🍫🍪🍫🍪 You guys asked and we answered, so here it is...like a cookie, but soft and gooey inside like a brownie 🤤 Recipe makes 2 big cookies!
30g @veganutco chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp almond meal
1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
1 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (we used @fixandfogg crunchy 🤤🥜)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond or soy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
4-6 squares dark choc (we used @whittakersnz Dark Ghana)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F
2. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until it forms a dough. It will be a bit softer than regular cookie dough.
3. Divide the dough into two equal mounds on a tray lined with baking paper (you may have to use a spoon if the dough is too soft to roll with your hands). Flatten each into a thick cookie shape and press 2-3 squares of chocolate into each.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until crispy on the edges but still soft inside. Let cool so they firm up a little or eat straight out of the oven because that’s the only way to eat fresh cookies 🤤
Macros for 1 cookie (1/2 the recipe), not that we’re counting 🤪 but because you guys have been asking:
197 Cal | 16g protein | 12g carbs | 10g fat
Find our delicious range of plant-based protein at the link in bio! 🌱
Toffutti ice cream AND a waffle cone? 🍦Pure heaven. The vanilla flavour tastes like butterscotch pudding and is the creamiest ice cream I've ever had. I love disney world
🌯 Spinach, rice, sainos vegan meatball wrap.
Or is this a burrito?
Sometimes it’s difficult to decide if you’re having a wrap or a burrito, who knows on the clarity? Such questions make life difficult. Do you have any life difficulties? Let me know below 👇
#burrito #wrap #veganburrito #veganwrap
Dinner from Tuesday evening: brown rice fusilli with my random ragu made of onions, sweet red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, tomato paste, vegan crème fraiche and spices topped with saurkraut! Good stuff! I had this for lunch today too and it tasted even better! 💚🌱👌🏻
#vegan #veganism #govegan #veganeats #whatveganseat #vegsnfoodshare
#veganfood #veganfoodporn #veganfoodlovers #vegandinner #veganlife #veganforlife #veganfortheanimals
#vegansofig #vegancommunity #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #tuesday #february #eatwell
#healthyfood #pasta #dinner
#food #foodie #selfcare #healthylifestyle #healthydinner
Spent the day in Market Weighton, had a mini stop at York for some @tacobell on the way home!
Ordered the Bean Burrito without the cheese, with extra jalapeños! 🌯
#vegan #veganfood #veganfoodporn #veganinsta
#plantbased #plantbaseddiet #vegandiet #vegetarian
#foodporn #veganrecipes #vegansofig #veganism #veganpower
#veganlife #plantbasedliving #ukvegan #newcastlevegan #northeastvegan #veganuk #vegannewcastle #vegannewcastleuk
Vegan cilantro-lime-chickpea wontons for lunch!
Maybe it was breakfast? My internal clock is all messed up from traveling...this was my first meal of the day at 3pm. Who knows what time dinner will be. Or will it be lunch? I'm hoping to get back into the routine sooner, rather than later... Any-who, let me lay down the recipe for these crunchy, lime-y, sweet-y, semi-spicy-y?, delicious tons of wons.
In a pan with 2 teaspoons olive oil saute (for 7-8 minutes until veggies are soft and slightly transparent):
-1 small carrot, grated
-1/4 cup diced cabbage (I used purple but use w.e you want...napa would be good)
-2 tablespoons diced red onion (yellow is fine, too)
-1/2 of a large jalapeno, seeded and diced
-4 cloves garlic
While stirring above mixture occasionally, mash in a bowl:
-1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
-1 tablespoon olive oil -1 tablespoon lime juice
-1 teaspoon coriander
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-1 tablespoon sesame seeds
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Combine sauteed veg with chickpea mixture. Mix thoroughly.
Scoop mixture onto wontop wrappers. About two heaping teaspoons is sufficient. I used store-bought wonton wrappers. You can find them pretty much anywhere. Then fry in olive oil on medium heat for about 60 seconds both sides, or until desired crispiness (time will vary slightly for everyone). For the peanut sauce, mix this all in a bowl:
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1 tablespoon soy sauce
-1 tablespoon maple syrup
-1 clove garlic
-1/2 teaspoon lime juice
-1/4 teaspoon ginger
-2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon water
-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
This made 20 wontons and just over 1/2 cup of peanut sauce. Enjoy!
@instanomss with @get_repost
PSA: Giveaway !!
Happy Family Day and hope everyone is enjoying an extra day to sleep in (or in our case wake up at 6am as usual - because, well... toddler schedule) !
Today we are giving away an assortment of certified organic @oasiscanada Hydra Fruit Juice 🥤 PLUS a $25 gift certificate to a local grocery store!! Oasis Hydra Fruit juices comes in a variety of flavours like clementine orange 🍊 watermelon apple 🍉🍎 and Strawberry Kiwi 🍓🥝 ❤️ They contain 60% less sugar, and no added sugar or sweeteners! The blend is designed to quench your thirst while limiting your sugar intake!
⁉️Full menu details and Bonus entry deets on the blog (link in profile) 🍝 ♥️ http://bit.ly/oasishydra————————————————————————————
CONTEST RULES: —
➀ FOLLOW @instanomss and @oasiscanada
➁ LIKE this post.
➂ TAG a friend (unlimited entries. must tag different friends each time)
♻ Regram this photo and tag us for DOUBLE the chance to win —
DEADLINE: Feb 24 11:59pm PST.
Contest open to Canadian resident (13+ years of age) —
Per Instagram rules, we must mention this is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram, Inc. By entering, entrants confirm they are 13+ years of age, release Instagram of responsibility, and agree to Instagram's term of use . ———————————————————————————— #instanomss #oasiscanada #hydrafruit #rawvegan #juicecleanse #healthybreakfast #fruitjuice
#veganfoodporn #vegancommunity #veganfoodlovers #rawtill4 #ahealthynut #vancouver #veganshare #veganfoodspot
#vegansofig #veganpower #govegan #veganlife #gofruityourself #organic
#vegansofinstagram #mommyblogger #canadianblogger
Next up in this week's dinner chronicles! One of my favourite recipes to make and eat.... Ratatouille!!! 😃
If you're not sure what that is I guess you can say it's like a French vegetable stew. It has so much flavour AND It's great served over rice 👍
It's simmered eggplant , zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes , onions, garlic, balsamic vinegar and lots of tasty herbs. 🍅🍆👌
#ratatouille #slowfood #meatless #homemade #cleaneating #cleaneats #nutrition #vegetables #glutenfree
#vegan #veganfood #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfoodie
#veganfoodshare #veganfoodporn #vegetarian #instavegan #instafood #foodphotography
#whatveganseat #Vancouver #vancity #YVR #604 #igersvancouver
🌺🌷:"Me happily singing in the wind" 🤗 ...
#avocado #brownrice #barley #bean #peas
#vegan #vegetarian #foodies #mealprep
#foodie #foodporn #healthyfood #cleaneating #eatclean #yummy
#veganfood #nuts #rice #dessert
#veganfoodporn #plantbasefood #superfood #foodstagram #happyfood #diet #yum #cleaneat #salad
Loaded in nutrients, this savory side dish is the perfect complement to any meal.
Roasted Chickpeas with Grilled Vegetables
Yields: Serves two, or four if dished over quinoa
12 small mushrooms, sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 yellow pepper, cut in strips
1 red onion, cut into wedges, or 1½ cups leeks, halved lengthwise, cleaned, and cut chiffonade-style
About 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
2, 14-oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Balsamic or white wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Put mushrooms, tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, onion and garlic in a large roasting pan. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables caramelize.
Remove the pan and turn the vegetables over. Add the chickpeas and rosemary and return to the oven. Roast for another 30 to 45 minutes until the edges of the vegetables start to turn dark and the chickpeas are browning.
Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, toss and serve warm as is or over quinoa.
📷: Stephen Blancett. #naturalawakenings #recipe #recipes #healthyrecipes #healthyrecipe
#vegetarian #vegetarians #vegetarianrecipes
#vegan #veganrecipes #veganfood #vegans #veganism #veganfoodporn #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #chickpeas #veggies
#vegetables #grilledveggies #nutrients
#nutrition #healthyfood #healthyfoodrecipes
Haven't tried the Kiev's yet but these nuggets are 🔥🔥
They're from Asda and they're amazing 🙏
#vegan #govegan #veganfoodshare #veganfood #vegansofig #veganfoodporn #food #foodporn
I have switched my morning celery juice out for 30 ounces of citrus for the past 5+ days, and WOW, what a difference. ✊🏼🍊 I'm not hear to rag on the celery juice trend, because it really helped me during my healing diet, when I was focusing on healing Crohn's disease and UC. There would have been no way I could had eaten citrus at that time while the ulcers and inflammation was healing 💔. But now that I've made the switch, I doubt I'll be going back to celery juice. I've even experienced some mucous leaving my body, and I didn't even know I had any built up! 😲
Make sure you don't become hell-bent on only ONE way of healing (if healing if your current goal), and remember that as long as you stick to high fruits (and veggies!), you are on the right path.
In this 30 ounces there is 4 oranges, two apples, some ginger, and lemon. Literally liquid sunshine! ☀️
NEW! 🥕🥕🥕 Vegan Carrot Cake, perfectly spiced and incredibly moist. Topped with creamy vegan cream cheese frosting, and simple to make in just 1 bowl!⠀
Recipe link in profile ----> @nora_cooks_vegan_
A balanced bowl ✨ steamed carrots, sautéed onion and green beans with garlic, tempeh, brown rice, avo, and hummus. Complete with dat tahini drizzle baby 🙏🏼 #ayurvediccooking #ayurveda
Is this heaven? What would you do with all of these avocados? 🥑🥑
Vegan Caesar Salad....wow...so good. Recipe from #kateflowers
@katefruitflowers ....just bought the ebook and will be doing the 14 day meal plan starting Monday. #whatveganseat #wholefoodplantbased
#veganfoodporn #veganfood #vegansofinstagram #salad #ceasarsalad
VEGAN JAMBALAYA WITH BEANS
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 vegan andouille sausages, roughly chopped (you could also use vegan Italian or Mexican sausages instead)
3 cups leftover cooked parboiled rice (=1.5 cups uncooked rice)
1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes, drained
1 can (14 oz) kidney beans, drained
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco
salt, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
2 green onions, cut into rings
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the red onion for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the bell pepper, the celery, and the vegan sausage. Cook for another 3 minutes.
Stir in the cooked rice, the kidney beans, the crushed tomatoes, the spices, the soy sauce, and the Tabasco and cook for about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper and stir in the green onions and the chopped parsley.
Combine rice noodles & @the_onlybean black bean pasta 🍝 = a complete protein 😉 💪🏽 yum!
Added all Macro and all the colors of the rainbow 🌈 + more to get my intake of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants to keep me healthy, recover faster and free from the sickness that has been going around apparently!
#vegan #eattherainbow #theonlybean
#glutenfree #veganathlete #macros #health #d1athlete
Vegan California Maki with Jackfruit Krab and Brown Rice 🦀💕🥑💕🥒
It’s Thursday, yay!! We watched the movie “A Monster Call” last night and it was really good, I recommend it! 👍 Crazy busy today so sharing with you again this meal idea that I loved! 💚Swipe << to go straight to macros and ingredients. As dressing I used some lemon, paprika, cumin, pepper and salt. Try to get some whole foods today if you can pals, your body will thank you. 🙏Now off to train legs with a professional bodybuilder I love, here we go! 🏋️♀️🤗
Es jueves, yay!! Oigan, la película Un monstruo viene a verme esta bien buena y se las recomiendo👍 Hoy mi día está un poco loco así es que les dejo por aquí una idea de comida que les había compartido tiempo atrás, rica rica 👍💚Swipe << para ir directamente a macros e ingredientes. Como aderezo utilicé un poco de limón, pimentón, comino, pimienta y sal. Traten de comer alimentos enteros no empacados hoy si pueden chiquill@s, su cuerpo se los agradecerá. 🙏Ya, ahora a entrenar con una bodybuilder que amo, aquí vamos! 🏋️♀️🤗
Orange cauliflower!🧡👅 Roasted cauliflower in the oven with some olive oil and garlic powder until crispy, then tossed it in some orange sauce and added sautéed broccoli and bell pepper with basmati rice!! 🍚
#vegan #veganfood #veganmeals
#plantbased #vegansofig #veganfoodporn #vegansofinstagram #vegetarian #whatveganseat #dairyfree #plantpower
#bestofvegan #food #foodporn #veganmeal #meatfree #veganfam #plantfood
#veganfoodlovers #plantbasednutrition #veganideas
#vegans #veganfoodie #veggie #veganinspo
Blueberry muffin smoothies from Pumpkin Brown and a wander round Edinburgh 🌿
Clear mind, clear focus. .
#vegan #veganism #veganaf #veganblogger
#veganfood #smoothie #veganstraightedge #straightedge
#vegansofig #veganlife #whatveganslooklike #smoothies
#veganlifestyle #foodporn #govegan #veganfoodporn #instavegan #vegandaily #blog #blogger #ukblogger #travelblogger #veganscotland
#veganuk #vegans #vegano
This mornings magical smoothie 🦄✨
Is bought to you by a handful of 🍓
Some frozen 🍌some reishi 🍄 powder
Plantbased 🥛 + almond butter.
#veganfood #crystals #magicalfood #foodstyling #foodpost
#foodphotography #healthyfood #pinkfood #beautifulfood #foodart
#vegansofig #veganfoodporn #plantbased #foodie #delicious #breakfast #healthyfoodideas #mealplan #blendloveprotocol
#homemade #inspo #mykitchen #goodmorning #blendlove
Wow, how delicious it can be from @lets_go_fucking_lentil
Turmeric dosa I made for plantbasedmag
#vegan #veganism #veganlove #vegansofig #seitanists
#veganfood #veganfoodporn #veganfoodlovers #chooseethically
#whatveganseat #veganeats #vegansofinstagram #veganfortheanimals #veganfeature
#govegan #vegancommunity #veganismdaily
#veganinspo #veganshare #veganstrong
#veganaf #bestofvegan #plantbasedmag #friendsnotfood
#plantbased #veganfoodshare #veganrecipes #veganlife
Another Raspberry Bowl!
Using: frozen raspberries, frozen banana, frozen mango, fresh pineapple, fresh banana, coconut milk, pineapple juice and passionfruit!
Use code LILVEGAN10 for 10% off @kukybowls
#vegan #veganfood #veganfoodporn #veganinsta #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #vegandiet #vegetarian #crueltyfree #lifestylechange #veganlifestyle #vegansofinsta #foodporn #veganrecipes #vegansofig #veganism #veganpower #veganlife #plantbasedliving #ukvegan #newcastlevegan #northeastvegan #veganuk #vegannewcastle #vegannewcastleuk #veganfortheanimals
Quick and easy dinner inspo! I was craving a big ol bowl of pasta the other day but didn’t have any sauce but we had cashews so you know what that means! Homemade creamy Mac n cheese! Whipped up some cashew cream mixed it in with some @eatbanza pasta topped with @bragglivefoodproducts yeast and red pepper flakes. Perfect and delicious 💚
Setas empanizadas, con Daiya Monterey Style grated vegan cheese y salsa BBQ (a falta de salsa de tomate, not a bad choice tho) 🍄 #VeganFoodPorn #DaiyaCheese #BBQsauce
dinner was spaghetti bolognese (made with loads of veg) served with green beans - all prepped by @m_hannaaah , lovely 🌿
🇸🇰 Dneska trošku talianskej kuchyne v podobe paradajkového 🍅 risotta al Pomodoro vo vegánskej verzii 🇮🇹
🇬🇧 Today a bit of Italian cuisine, 🍅 risotto al Pomodoro in Vegan version 🇮🇹
#vegan #veganfood #plantbased #healthyfood #healthy
#vegansofig #whatveganseat #veganism #veganlife #veganfoodshare #vegansofinstagram #veganfoodporn #veganlifestyle #instafood #nomnom #instagood
#food #foodlover #foodgasm
#foodie #yummy #yum #instapic
#dinner #risotto #hungry
My cute little snack today 🥰 a matcha 🍵 latte and some clementines!
last night was the night that I finally got my hands on some @squeakybeanveg products 😍👏🏼- so my dinner was their satay kiev, with a baked potato, various veg and a big dollop of @followyourheart mayo - these kievs were so delicious, the fake chicken was peng, the peanut butter filling was beyond my expectations and I low-key wish I had put two in the oven to eat- can’t wait for these to go on offer so I can stock up 🤤
MEAN GREEN SMOOTHIE. This smoothie is super creamy and fresh and requires just 6 basic ingredients. And even my mom, who isn’t much of a health food fan, loved it. So give it a try and let me know what you think. Also, IMPORTANT: please take the time to comment and let me know what you would like to see more of (be it daily life, taste tests, budget friendly meals, mental health, whatever) and of there is something you are currently struggling with. I’d love to help where I can and I want this space to serve YOU ❤️ recipe for the smoothie below 👇🏼 Serves 1 very large glass (550ml)
3 frozen spinach cubes (around 1 1/4 C)
1 ripe banana
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Handful of fresh parsley
1/2 C plant milk (I used soy milk)
2 tsp maple syrup, optional
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
2. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
my appetite has completely vanished today but needed to eat something to keep my energy levels up as I’m working from home🤓- so I made some of my fav snacks (that I used to eat all the time at uni), roasted chickpeas, they always come out so crunchy and full of flavour (see my story for recipe/method)🎈
BEETROOT MISO HUMMUS anyone? This morning I whipped up this gloriously colored dip that is perfect for crackers, grissini, spreading on bread or adding to buddha bowls. It’s obviously vegan and also gluten-free, and high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. So if you only make one recipe today, I hope it’s this one. It may require some time due to the roasting of the beetroots, but it’s super simple, so absolutely anyone can make this. Enjoy!
2 medium sized fresh betroots
2 tsp oil (I used olive oil)
1 tsp salt
1 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed*
2 cloves of garlic
1 large handful fresh parsley
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp ground cumin
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp miso paste
1. Preheat your oven too 200 degrees C / 392 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut the beetroots into sixths, place on the lined baking tray and toss with the 2 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
3. Roast for 1 hour.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
5. To a food processor add all remaining ingredients as well as the beetroot and process until you get a smooth mixture.
6. Serve the hummus with grissini, vegetables and crackers; use for buddha bowls; or spread on bread.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. *consider reserving the liquid (aquafaba) for recipes such as my crunchy coconut milk waffles (link in bio)
lentil bolognese with pasta & steamed spinach for dinner - topped with olives and marinated peppers 🖤
I have recently decided to try out @missfitsnutrition products (already a big fan of their protein balls)- this morning I made fattttt protein pancakes using their vegan chocolate protein powder and was blown away, it had none of that disgusting protein aftertaste, and the closest thing I can compare the taste to is chocolate milk powder (no complaints from me🤤)- so impressed and these pancakes tasted delicious as a result (topped the pancakes with chopped banana, homemade granola, maple syrup and peanut butter) 😍🤤
I’m the pickiest person when it comes to protein powders (as a result of plenty of bad experiences) so I have been looking for a nice tasting vegan protein powder for the longest timeee so I’ve defo found my new favourite ✨💜
I paid for these products myself and all opinions are of course all my own 💜
CHOCOLATE CHUNK BUTTER BEAN CAKE. Yes, you read that right. This cake is not only dangerously delicious (keep it away from your pets because Milly wanted to devour all of it 😉) but also packed with butter beans, which give its nutritional profile a great boost. It’s mildly sweet, vegan, oil-free, low fat, high in protein and fiber, super easy to make, and requires only a few basic ingredients. Are you ready and as excited as I am? Enjoy! And don’t forget to tag me if you try out any of my recipes, I’d love to see your creations ❤️🙏🏼 Serves 9
1 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 C sugar (I used unrefined demerara sugar)
1/4 C almond butter
1/2 C + 2 Tbsp plant milk (I used soy milk)
1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds + 2 1/2 Tbsp water
1 C whole grain spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 bar of dark chocolate (75g), roughly chopped
1. Begin by stirring together the flaxseeds and water to make a flax egg. Set aside to gel.
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 356 degrees F and lightly oil a 20 x 20 cm baking pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. To your food processor add butter beans, sugar, almond butter and plant milk. Process until you get a smooth mixture.
5. To the dry ingredients add the flax egg and the butter bean mixture and stir thoroughly.
6. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
8. Enjoy warm or leave in the pan until fully cooled.
haven’t been hungry all day then suddenly was starving at 6pm- decided on a @pieminister Kevin pie (which is basically a veg stew in a pie- v nice) , mini roast potatoes, steamed broccoli and spinach with a big dollop of @followyourheart mayo✨
Happy Monday everyone! Wishing you a great start to the week with these epic CRUNCHY waffles.
As you might know I recently bought myself a waffle iron (late bloomer, I know), which means there’s gonna be lots of waffle recipes in the future. Are you a waffle fan, too? And if so, what’s your favorite type of waffle? Let me know!
The recipe for these babes is coming to a blog near you very soon, so keep your eyes on my stories, so you’ll know when it’s gone live 🤗
really simple dinner tonight- a stir fry veg kit fried up and covered in @bluedragonuk hoisin & garlic sauce, served with lightly fried tofu covered in sesame seeds and a pile of rice noodles ( I’m currently obsessed with american crime story:the assassination of Gianni Versace- highly recommend) (yes I’m eating dinner sat on my bed, uni habits die hard) ✨
lotus biscuit brownie from @bakedworthing - so gooey and soo delicious (swipe to see the hidden inside layer of @lotusbiscoff spread 🥰) - ty @m_hannaaah 🖤
Happy Sunday everyone! How has your weekend been so far and have you got any plans for today? I personally don’t other than that I want to do some more recipe testing, go for a walk and watch a movie. Let’s chat in the comments 😊
Also, what you see here is my first attempt at a One-Pot Curried Vegetable Rice. And while it’s already quite good, I want to still tweak it a little before I can confidently share the recipe with you. Lots of recipes coming your way (hopefully) soon, so as always stay tuned ❤️
Happy weekend friends! I’m coming at you with yet another recipe, this time for this super simple yet delicious CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING. It comes together in just 3 minutes, requires only a handful of ingredients and is the perfect breakfast to start off your weekend with. It’s not too sweet, but not bland either, nice and chocolaty and dangerously creamy. I hope you give it a try!
Also, how has your week been? Mine’s been quite busy actually, I’m working hard on getting more recipes your way and trying to improve my photography and food styling. Let’s chat ❤️ Serves 1
2 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp cacao powder (I used raw cacao powder)
3/4 C plant milk (I used soy for some extra protein and creaminess)
1/4 C unsweetened yoghurt (I used soy yoghurt)
1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
1. To a medium bowl add chia seeds, cacao powder and 1/2 C plant milk.
2. Stir until thoroughly combined, then add the remaining 1/4 C plant milk, yoghurt and maple syrup, and stir again.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
4. In the morning, remove chia pudding from the fridge and serve with toppings of choice.
CREAMY BEAN GOULASH. This meal is not only vegan, but also high protein, gluten-free and super easy and affordable to make. All you need is some basic ingredients and a love for delicious for food.
When I was younger my dad would regularly make bean goulash for us, mostly when my mom wasn’t home because she’s intolerant to beans, and I used to absolutely love it. His version uses sausages and salami as well as sour cream though, so obviously once I went vegan it was a no-go for me. But when I recently started craving this meal again I set out to veganize it and I’m honestly so happy with the result and super eager to share the recipe with you! I hope you like it as much as I do 😊
1 tsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 1/2 C vegetable broth
2.5 Tbsp sweet paprika powder
1/4 C + 1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
A few cracks of pepper
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp dried marjoram
1 400g can EACH kidney, borlotti and butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 150g can of corn, drained and rinsed
3 medium potatoes, diced into 1/2” pieces
1/2 C soy yoghurt
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot add olive oil and onion, turn off heat and stir for around 30 seconds.
2. Cover the pot and remove it from the stove top. Let steam for 5 minutes.
3. Once the 5 minutes have passed, uncover the pot, return it to the stove top and turn heat to medium-low.
4. To the pot add 1 C of the vegetable broth, the sweet paprika and tomato paste. Stir well.
5. Then add all the remaining ingredients through potatoes and give it all a good stir.
6. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
7. Finally, stir in the soy yoghurt.
8. Serve with some greens and fresh bread.
While waiting for my waffle iron to arrive, I tried my hand at some baked waffles yesterday. And even though I wish I could share the recipe for these bad boys with you, I can’t confidently do so just yet, so once again I will ask you to be patient. One more test should probably do it though, so stay tuned and have a lovely Valentine’s Thursday. ❤️
Second try because I was NOT satisfied with my editing 🙃
New day, not so new breakfast. I’m currently sitting here with this bowl of oatmeal and let me tell you: it’s delicious and definitely hits the spot. What we’ve got here is some chia seed protein oatmeal with strawberries, grapes, clementine, peanut butter and hemp seeds. And friends, if you haven’t tried adding chia seeds to your oatmeal, DO IT and let me know what you think. Much love, Pia ❤️
Happy Tuesday everybody ❤️
Yesterday I made up my mind and decided that I was going yo try my hand at some whole grain spelt cinnamon rolls today, so that’s exactly what’s been going down this morning. The result: these delicious looking (albeit slightly messy) cinnamon rolls. I’m going to have to test them one more time, but hopefully I’ll be able to get the recipe up on the blog soon. Watch this space 😏
What better way to start off the week than with a nice and crisp cookie? Especially when said cookie is vegan and gluten free, only requires one bowl and takes up just roughly 22 minutes of your time. May I present: ONE BOWL SALTED PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES.
The recipe is now on the blog -> link in profile 🍪
HEALTHY ONE-POT VEGAN BOLOGNESE SAUCE. Have I got your attention? You know, I’ve craved a nice and hearty bowl of bolognese more than once and making an only vegetable version, sans the meat, just doesn’t satisfy that need for me. So I set out to make a “meaty” vegan bolognese, and with the help of my grandpa this was the result. Hope you like it as much as I do 😊
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely diced (about 5mm/ 1/5” pieces)
1 red bell pepper, finely diced (about 5 mm/ 1/5” pieces)
1 rib of celery, finely diced (about 5mm/ 1/5” pieces)
1 tsp salt
400g vegan minced “meat”
1/4C tomato paste
750g tomato sauce
1 - 1 1/2 C vegetable broth, depending on desired consistency
A few cracks of pepper
1 Tbsp herbes de provence
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot add the olive oil and onion and reduce heat to medium-low.
2. Fry onion for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then add carrots, bell pepper, celery and salt, cover the pot and steam for 10 minutes.
3. Uncover the pot, stir in the remaining ingredients and increase heat to high.
4. Once boiling reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot and cook for at least 30 minutes.
5. Serve with pasta of choice and perhaps some fresh greens and basil.
Made a batch of triple chocolate cupcakes yesterday, and let me tell you: they turned out INCREDIBLE. And by incredible I mean really really good, so good that my very critical dad has already devoured 3 within the last 12 hours! Gonna make these one more time, just to be on the safe side, before sharing the recipe with you. So stay tuned ❤️
SIMPLE AND QUICK RED LENTIL SOUP, need I say more? Tested one of the meals my grandpa made for me whilst in Sweden, and it worked out perfectly, meaning that I can, as promised, finally share the recipe for this hearty and nourishing soup. It comes together in about 40 minutes (chopping and all) and requires only a couple of very basic ingredients. Hope you like it as much as I do 😊
1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion chopped finely
4 medium potatoes diced into 3/4 inch pieces
1/2 leek chopped finely
1/4 C + 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
5 C vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp ground cumin (optional)
1 C red lentils
3 handfuls spinach roughly chopped
A few squeezes of lemon juice (optional)
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and onion, and reduce heat to medium low.
2. Fry onion for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then add potatoes, leek, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, salt and cumin (if using). Stir well and increase heat to medium-high.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Once the 10 minutes have passed, add the lentils, cover again, and cook for another 20 minutes.
5. Uncover the pot, stir in the spinach and simmer for another 2 minutes or so.
6. Finally remove from heat and, optionally, add a few squeezes of lemon juice.
You know when you just need a sweet something. Immediately. Well, this is recipe is for those times. Delicious BROWNIE BLISS BALLS that come together in 5 minutes and require just 4 simple ingredients.
Check out the recipe on my blog -> link in profile 😊
After a fun two weeks in Malmö, today is the day mum and I travel back home to Switzerland. It’s been nice and we’ve had a great time, hut I’m looking forward to getting home, seeing Milly and dad, and getting back to work with my recipes, food styling and photography. So thank you for having us grandma, grandpa and Simba, we’ll be back soon ❤️
Food deets: protein oatmeal with banana, grapes, peanut butter and walnuts.
Watched the pro, aka grandpa, at work today as he made falafels and hummus, and let me tell you the result was absolutely delicious. I am also going to be remaking this on my own once we’re back home, so I can get the recipes your way and you can taste for yourselves 😊
Hope you all had a great start to the week!
Another day, another breakfast, featuring a bowl of protein oatmeal with grapes, peanut butter and berry jam. I honestly haven’t had grapes in ages, so this morning I just couldn’t stop snacking on them. What grape-type are you? Purple or green?
Originally I had planned to post a photo of an exceptionally delicious plate of mini pancakes, but fate had other plans, so another boring yet tasty oatmeal bowl it is. Happy Sunday everybody, may your pancakes actually work out 😒
Lentil soup anyone?
Got my gramps to cook lunch for me today and was served this delicious bowl of lentil soup. I’ve already asked him how he made it and from what I gather it’s super simple. I’ll try to remake it soon and will then let you know the recipe. Does that sound good?
As far as photography and cooking is concerned I must say it’s quite difficult being without all my ingredients and my usual photography setup, so apologies if the quality and variety of my post lags behind a little these upcoming 2 weeks. Of course I’ll do my best not to let the circumstances impact my work too much, but I just wanted to warn you and put it out there.
Anyway, we’re soon off grocery shopping and the like, so I’ll leave you for now and talk to you later in my stories 😊😘
COCONUT CHIA PUDDING
Yesterday we figured out a tasty way to get in a good dose of greens at breakfast, and today it’s omega 3s we’re tackling.
Up until this morning I had never had chia pudding and I was convinced I would never like it. Well, turns out I was wrong, because this recipe is a keeper. So, if you are yet to give chia pudding a shot, too, give this recipe a chance and let me know what you think. Deal?
• 6 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1 1/2 C plant milk (I used soy)
• 3/4 C coconut milk
• 1 Tbsp liquid sweetener, + more to taste (I opted for agave syrup as it doesn’t have as much of an intrinsic flavor as maple syrup does)
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir well.
2. Once everything is thoroughly combined, refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning transfer the pudding to three glasses or bowls and top with whatever your heart desires.
Hello friends, as promised I’m coming at you today with one amazing CHOCOLATE CHUNK BANANA CAKE recipe. So I hope you’re excited and hungry, because it’s a good one. Serve it with some coconut whipped cream, yoghurt or ice cream and enjoy with your friends and family ❤️ Serves 9
Ingredients: • 1 1/3 C (120g) whole grain spelt flour*
• 2/3 C (75g) almond meal
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt • 4 large, ripe bananas (400g)
• 1 tsp vanilla paste (optional)
• 2 Tbsp liquid sweetener ** (you may add another 1-2 Tbsp for a sweeter cake)
• 1/4 C (70g) almond butter
• 70g dark chocolate, roughly chopped + more for topping
1. Begin by spraying a 20x20cm baking pan with nonstick spray and preheating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl combine spelt flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Stir thoroughly.
3. To a food processor add your bananas, vanilla paste (if using), agave syrup and almond butter. Blend until you get an even mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
6. Transfer the batter to the baking pan and sprinkle with more chocolate chunks.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and let fully cool in the pan.
8. Enjoy! *You may try other flours, but I am yet to do so myself, so I cannot guarantee anything.
** I used agave syrup, but I’m quite confident maple syrup or honey (if not vegan) would work just as well.
If you’re anything like myself and sometimes struggle to get your greens in, this one is for YOU!
This morning, I tried something very unconventional and let me tell you the result was not bad. Not bad at all. Which is why I’m now coming at you with this cool bowl of oatmeal. Monster oatmeal, if you may, or, less creative, CINNAMON SPINACH OATMEAL. Are you in? Let’s do this.
• 2/3 C rolled oats
• 2 C water
• A couple handfuls of spinach (I used around 120g)
• Pinch of salt • 1 tsp cinnamon (or more if you prefer an even more cinnamon-y oatmeal)
• 2 Tbsp sweetener (I used maple syrup, but I reckon agave syrup, honey, or even sugar would work just as well)
1. Begin by adding water and spinach to a blender.
2. Blend on high till you get an even mixture.
3. To a pot add the rolled oats, spinach mixture, salt, sweetener and cinnamon, and stir well.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
5. Once boiling, stir well and reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Cook, stirring frequently, until you reach desired consistency.
7. Transfer oatmeal to two bowls, add toppings of choice and enjoy!
As you might have seen in my stories, I turned the kitchen into a battlefield today as I went wild recipe testing. #sorrynotsorry
It was all totally worth it though, because the result is this epic chocolate chunk banana cake. Have I got you drooling yet? I hope so, because the recipe is coming your way tomorrow!
Another day, another recipe test. Today carrot cake pancakes id where it’s at. As usual they still some tweaking, but hopefully I’ll have recipe for you soon.
I hope you had a nice weekend and I’m wishing you a great start to the new week. Rock it babes ❤️
Good morning friends 🌞
As promised, I kicked my behind into gear earlier on and tweaked the other day’s oatmeal, which is why I’m happy to finally be able to share the recipe for this delicious bowl of PROTEIN CARROT CAKE OATMEAL with you. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Serves 2 small or 1 large portion
• 2/3 C rolled oats
• 1/2 C finely grated carrot
• 1 - 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, depending on how cinnamon-y you like it
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• Dash of ground nutmeg, to taste
• 1 1/3 Tbsp coconut sugar * , or more if you prefer a sweeter oatmeal
• Pinch of salt
• 2 C water
• 1 heaping Tbsp unflavored protein powder of choice (optional)
1. Add all ingredients, apart from the protein powder, if using, to a saucepan, stir well, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until you reach desired consistency. If making protein oatmeal, cook until just under desired consistency, then remove from heat and stir in protein powder.
4. Top with whatever your heart desires.
5. Dig in! *While I haven’t tried it, you may try substituting the coconut sugar with 1 Tbsp regular sugar or 1 Tbsp maple syrup
HEALTHY, REFINED SUGAR FREE, NO BAKE BROWNIE BLISS BALLS.
These balls make for a perfect snack or topping for ice cream, yoghurt, smoothie bowls, oatmeal, and much much more. They’re high in fiber, magnesium, potassium, antioxidants, vitamin E, B, C etc. and high up on the “yumm-scale”. On top of that they’re ready in just 5 - 10 minutes, so you have no excuse not to make them. Let me know if you try them and don’t forget to tag me - I’d love to see your creations!
Serves 12 (each approximately 1 Tbsp) balls
Ingredients: • 150g pitted dates
• 5 Tbsp rolled or quick cooking oats
• 1 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
• 2 Tbsp cacao powder (I used raw cacao powder for greater health benefits)
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor.
2. Process until you get a fine, crumbly and sticky mass.
3. Pour contents into a bowl and scoop out about 1 Tbsp of the mixture at a time, pressing it together and rolling it into a ball with the palms of your hands.
4. Repeat until you have used up all of the mixture and are left with about 12 balls (unless of course you fancy larger or smaller ones)
Hi, I’m coming at you once more today, and this time I’ve got a bomb recipe for you. Ever had sweet potato bread? Well, if not, now’s the time. It’s healthy, sweet, moist, absolutely delicious, and all you need is 6 simple ingredients! Sounds good? Good. One last note though, if you want a higher, more bread shaped loaf, I recommend doubling the recipe, OR stuffing half your loaf pan with aluminium/cooking foil and lining the other half with baking paper. Alright, let’s get to it:
• 2 medium Sweet potatoes (around 400g)
• 1 C Whole grain spelt flour (I am yet to try other flours, and will let you know when I do)
• 2 tsp Baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
• 1/3 C Almond butter
1. Begin by heating your oven to 200 degrees Celcius and washing and drying your sweet potatoes. Then halve them lengthwise and place on a baking tray with baking paper, cut side down.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes until they begin to seep and release their juices, about 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven, reduce heat to 180 degrees, and let the potatoes cool slightly, before cutting into thirds and transferring to a blender or food processor. The sweet potatoes should weigh about 360g.
5. Blend until smooth, then add maple syrup and almond butter and blend again.
6. Add the sweet potato, maple syrup, almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
7. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray (or see note above for a “half-pan version”)and pour in the batter.
8. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and a stick inserted comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove from the oven, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and finally transfer to a cooling rack to cool fully.
10. Eat as is or top with peanut butter and jelly (or whatever floats your boat) for a prefect breakfast or snack.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to tag me if you give this recipe a go. I’d love to see your creations 💕